Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Every night is another story


A lot has happened over the last couple of days.. Winters have disappeared, sun is already making life tough, my internet decided to die on me (finally its back), saw a movie that really tests your patience (Ek dewaana tha), very less shopping trips, and a whole lotta hogging of food.... Ofcourse, all of these sound like the words of a jobless bored girl...and, jobless and bored I am.

So I attempted a DIY today on a spontaneous idea that came to me. A sudden rush of creativity was all I needed, and now I have a cute jewelry box.

You Need:

-A plain usable box (shoe-box, cream container, chocolate box, or anything at all that you can work with)

-Glue (preferably fevicol, cuz it dries away the mess)

-Assorted decorative material (glitter, sequins, ribbons, beads, parts of old broken jewelry, trinkets...think creative)

-Tweezers (if you hate glue on your hands)


I used a Body Shop Body Butter container that was sturdy and didn't wanna be thrown away.


For decoration, I used everything I could find at arms length. Then you can start with a very basic idea of maybe just lining the box and let your imagination do the rest. You will eventually know what is it that you have to do next. If its messy, fret not.. Again, Think Creative...


And here's my finished product. It looks a little sloppy, but I like what I see.




And finally, line the insides with a velvet fabric if you like... And now I have a custom made jewelry box for my rings. Time well utilized, don't cha think???

So shoot me your opinions in the comment section. Like it, hate it, should be hanged for it, I wanna know it all.
Have a great day my dearies...
Lavanya

7 comments:

  1. Lovely blog! Thanks for stopping by sweetie, would you like to follow each other?
    xoxo,
    Fashionhypnotised girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girly! nice comment you left on my blog yesterday! Thanks for saying & hope that you will come back as my follower if you aren't one yet ;)

    xx
    Valerie
    www.itislikepassionforpeanutbutter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks super cute and super easy!
    http://bowsandheartsandeverythingcute.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is total fun to have an outlet for your creative side....

      Delete
  4. Thanks sweetie! Follow you now, hope you follow back!
    xoxo,
    Fashionhypnotised girl

    ReplyDelete