Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

My hearts been carved out with a spoon


Its been more than a week since I'm back here in Mumbai, and its the first time that truth hit me so hard on my face. Mumbai is a tough place to live in. It takes a lot to be a Mumbaite. And I had no idea that I possessed this roughness in me until I got lost in the surreal calmness of Jordan Israel and Egypt and then came back to Mumbai. The rudeness, stubborn attitude, arrogance is naturally inbuilt in an Indian. I think that's what defines us. It ain't a good definition, but then again, every nation has a personality of its own. And that's what we are known by, being a really big, brash over crowded nation. The earlier statement was actually made by a Jordanian when I asked him how he liked his visit to India. 

Looks like I have no other choice but get used to the pollution, people stepping on my feet without a courteous apology, the never ending traffic, the merciless heat, the modern day slang influenced grammar....and all the other thing that we learn to live with. As I get dissolved back into my real self and stop sounding like a philosopher, or a snob who wants to get away from India and live in a nice pricey country, I can do nothing but wish to get back to my normal avatar and be proud to be an Indian

Just one favor:: Somebody shake me up real hard and slap me back to reality !!!!

3 comments:

  1. v hav a common brain in dis regard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your travels sounds amazing!

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea Hailey, it really was a splendid one among all..

    ReplyDelete