Our next destination was Saint Catherine where we had to spend the night. The cool breeze kept attacking us like frozen spikes. Living in between the mountains is not something that everyone gets a chance to do. Each day I wake up with a smile feeling abundantly blessed and gifted with this opportunity to do stuff that I could only imagine. Saint Catherine is located on Mount Sinai to the south of Egypt. This is also the last leg of our journey in Egypt.
The above picture is the hotel where we spent our night. A remarkable experience !! And the people are amazing with hearts of gold. Not a single soul was left out to greet us. Lucky for me, I got gifts. And lots of compliments. Numerous bracelets dressed my hands and my neck scored one necklace, just because people thought I had an Egyptian face and found me really attractive. All through which my mum kept shouting and staring with anger like she could melt me that instant, I smiled away and blushed and let them treat me like a princess. Don't judge me, I seldom get this attention in Mumbai....hhmmmmphh.
And that's all the action in Egypt. Crossing the Taba border to get to Israel, and we get a glimpse of the sultry and calm Red Sea.
I'll upload better pics of the Red sea later. I'm gonna be in Israel soon.
Later...
No comments:
Post a Comment